• Contact

Let's Keep In Touch!X

Sending your message. Please wait...

Thanks for sending your message! We'll get back to you shortly.

There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.

Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.

RACE NEWS

Sprint Race Series 2010

By admin | In Race Series | on January 17, 2010

Swim - Thames Turbo Race 1 - 2009

Click HERE to enter for 2010

Please enter the race early to avoid dissapointment. In 2009 3 of the 4 races in the series sold out,  with 45 people on the waitlist for Race 4!

The 4 sprint races are:

Sprint Race 1 – Monday 5th April 2010 – Sold Out Third Week in February. Waitlist Closed. Race Now Full.

Sprint Race 2 – Monday 3rd May 2010 – Less than 90 places remaining as at 31/03

Sprint Race 3 – Monday 31st May 2010

Sprint Race 4 – Monday 30th August 2010

See you there!

36 Comments to "Sprint Race Series 2010"

• Fran says:

January 2, 2009 at 6:14 pm - Reply

Will you be holding a 6-week training course for first time triathlon participants this year (similar to last year)?

1. benunsworth says:

March 18, 2009 at 10:11 pm - Reply

We are looking at running the course in the summer before race 4. Nothing is confirmed yet, please watch the website for details.

• benunsworth says:

February 28, 2009 at 2:18 pm - Reply

You can download the race pack, with course information, from this link

• benunsworth says:

March 18, 2009 at 10:05 pm - Reply

The Wednesday prior to the race – although it usualy sells out before then, so don’t hang around!

• benunsworth says:

March 18, 2009 at 10:09 pm - Reply

Lots of people wear tri suits – so you can make a quick transition to the bike. Others wear swim trunks/costume and put cycling clothes on top. It’s up to you, but please bear in mind there is no nudity in transition and your top needs to be covered when on the bike/run.

• benunsworth says:

March 18, 2009 at 10:10 pm - Reply

Maps are in the race pack, which is here http://www.thamesturbo.com/race-series/senior-race-series/race-pack

• mary boucher says:

April 7, 2009 at 10:18 am - Reply

Hello, just entered myself for race 1 of the series, very excited! do i wear my wetsuit for the swim or is the pool a warm one?

🙂

1. admin says:

April 7, 2009 at 2:36 pm - Reply

No need for a wetsuit the water is lovely and warm. Have a great race.

• Rich Thorogood says:

April 14, 2009 at 5:30 pm - Reply

Hi there – can’t access the Entry Forms! click thru to blank page!….is it me or just a glitch on the site? Probably me!

1. heatherbloomfield says:

April 14, 2009 at 6:35 pm - Reply

The entry forms are showing fine. Don’t leave it too long to enter Race 2, this is filling fast.

• Matt Evans says:

May 4, 2009 at 10:22 am - Reply

Just returned from my first Thames Turbo Series Sprint Tri. 10/10 for organisation. 10/10 for being friendly. Would do it again in a jiffy if a couple of Stag doos and a Wedding didnt get in the way dammit!

Recommend it to any one, first timers of seasoned veterans.

• heatherbloomfield says:

August 4, 2009 at 3:56 pm - Reply

There are 28 people on the waitlist as of 4th August 5pm 🙂

• Neale Watson says:

September 14, 2009 at 12:00 pm - Reply

When will I be able to enter the Hampton Sprint for next year I am an enthusiastic first timer
    Thanks

1. Heather says:

October 13, 2009 at 12:11 pm - Reply

Entries for 2010 will be open in early January – we welcome all first timers of all abililties.

• David says:

December 30, 2009 at 10:35 am - Reply

I am a total beginner but would love to try out the Sprint next year. I am a strong but relatively slow swimmer. Is it possible to enter but near the back of the field so that I don’t obstruct faster swimmers ?

My last “triathlon” was at Hampton twenty one years ago when I was 16. We did the run around the pool and car park,the bike on the local roads and finished with the swim !

1. Heather says:

December 30, 2009 at 3:27 pm - Reply

David
      We are very used to having beginners such as yourself, welcome back to Triathlon. Our start order is based on your accurate 400m swim time (not the 426m race distance), you’ll need to provide this when you enter. You can update this also nearer the race time, so don’t worry. You’ll be placed with swimmers of the same ability as yourself. Everyone is welcome.
      Heather, Race Director

• Elaine Miller says:

January 1, 2010 at 2:24 pm - Reply

Dear Heather. I would like my two boys to enter the June 2010 race at LEH. Jamie is 9, and Chad turns 8 on March 11th. I would also like to enter the April Triathlon (along with a friend of mine Maria Collingridge. I did complete one before at Thames Turbo about 5 years ago. How do I make these race entries? Many thanks. Elaine

1. Heather says:

January 2, 2010 at 2:41 pm - Reply

Entries will open from around noon on Monday 4th Jan.

• Jeff Conabere says:

January 4, 2010 at 10:35 am - Reply

Hi, my new girlfriend completed a few triathlons last year and she has convinced me to have a go this year…with the Sprint race in April being the ideal starter race for me. How do I apply online…and can I register for the forum to pickup some hints/tips?

Me and my girlfriend are very competitive…neither of us wants to lose!

1. Heather says:

January 4, 2010 at 11:23 am - Reply

Entries will be open by early afternoon today!

• Billy says:

January 11, 2010 at 10:50 pm - Reply

do you get a medal?

1. Heather says:

January 14, 2010 at 7:37 am - Reply

Billy, You get a medal in our children’s races, not in the adult ones. We do however have a pretty unique/special race memento for everyone again this year. We also have a lotto at prizegiving for everyone present whose raced where you can win some pretty good prizes.

• JG says:

February 9, 2010 at 11:45 am - Reply

what time does it start … i have to travel by public transport and have to figure out the logistics…

1. Heather says:

March 20, 2010 at 12:41 pm - Reply

Registration and transition will close promptly at 06:45am, and the first swimmer is in the water at 7.
      Please arrive as close to 6 as you can to register.

• Steven Court says:

February 23, 2010 at 8:15 pm - Reply

How do i change my race times, i’ve entered it thinking it was a 40k bike and 8k run so the times need to be halved :-/??

1. Heather says:

March 20, 2010 at 12:43 pm - Reply

Please log back on to the race entry https://www.clubsonline.com.au/registrationclubportal/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_login&OrgID=3684
      Click on ‘Update my Details’.
      The deadline for changes is midnight on Wednesday 31st March for Race 1.
      Once the start order is published, no changes can be made.

• Joe Millward says:

April 5, 2010 at 1:26 pm - Reply

Hi, just home having finished my first ever sprint at the thames turbo race 1. great fun, very well organised and thx for all the support. maybe a few more toilets next time?

One question I have which is no doubt answered somewhere, but can’t find it – the times listed for the results – which legs are the transition times added to? thanks.

1. Heather says:

April 9, 2010 at 3:55 pm - Reply

The timing points are:
      Swim & transition – taken as you leave the car park
      Bike Stop – then the 7 minute free time
      Registration Hut – timing restarts on your way in to transition with your bike
      Finish – in Bushy Park

• Beginner says:

April 14, 2010 at 6:34 am - Reply

As a novice, I’m debating whether it’s worth using clipless pedals or not. With the 7 minute non compete zone timed for walking back to t2 or cycling?

1. Heather says:

April 29, 2010 at 9:33 pm - Reply

The 7 minute non compete zone is designed for riding back to the pool. You have to dismount at the traffic lights to cross the road into the pool, you can then remount once you are well past the gates of the pool.

• Beginner (again) says:

May 3, 2010 at 8:02 pm - Reply

I’d like to thank the organisers and the marshalls for a fantastic event today. Also, a thanks to the very fit triathletes that encouraged me at various points in their races too. The thought was appreciated.

• Irini says:

May 4, 2010 at 10:03 am - Reply

Thanks from me too for the wonderful event yesterday – despite the cold! And as a beginner I really enjoyed it!! Fantastic organising and such nice marshalls cheering along the way that were even pronouncing my name correctly! I was VERY impressed!

All these snaps along the way – when/where will the piccies be posted?

Thanks again – and here is to the next one!

1. Heather says:

May 4, 2010 at 10:16 am - Reply

The photos will be posted on http://www.philocconor.com http://philoconnorphotographyltd.thirdlight.com/gallery.tlx within the next day or so. The pictures are usually excellent and reasonably priced.

• Matthew Battle says:

June 13, 2010 at 2:20 pm - Reply

Have just booked for Thames Turbo event on 31st August but cannot find any details on the exact details/format for the day through the web site. Can you help?

1. Heather says:

June 16, 2010 at 3:37 pm - Reply

Please take a look at the FAQ for the race http://www.thamesturbo.com/race-series/senior-race-series/faq

Or email me any questions that you have : race_director@thamesturbo.co.uk

• Turbo Thames Sprint Race Series 4 | TriIC says:

October 10, 2010 at 7:48 pm - Reply

[…] third sprint distance triathlon and Jose’s first ever triathlon race. Overall, the Turbo Thames Sprint event was really nice: a limit of around 500 participants, good weather (although a bit chilly early in […]

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

COPYRIGHT ©THAMES TURBO TRIATHLON CLUB 2014. A charitable company limited by guarantee. Charity No. 1147502. Company No. 8018390
SITE BY LION DIGITAL