JUNIOR AQUATHLON 2017
We hope you are all fit and ready for action. A few important points for you:
1. Check the weather forecast. Be prepared for the race conditions.
2. Please read the RACE PACK so you know what is happening on the day; times, place etc. It will make life much easier for you if you know your way around. We have an APPROXIMATE schedule, posted below.
3. You need a race belt. We sell them at registration for £6. After registering, get body marked, put your timing chip on your left ankle securely, and proceed to transition.
4. We have a general briefing at 9am for all age groups from Tristart to T3s, and a second briefing at 10am for the Youths and Juniors. Then each age group is called into the pool where they get another briefing. Listen out for the announcements. They will call out the age group and the number range (eg numbers 100-130) as we will be splitting the large age groups into two waves for the briefing in the pool. The race is mostly full so it will be busy at registration and in transition, so please help us by being on time. There is parking next to the pool and close to registration, as well as in nearby streets.
5. BTF Rules. We abide by the BTF rules and competitors must as well. We have a BTF race referee on site.
6. Parents and guardians are not allowed in transition and cannot go beyond the marked out spectator zone. They cannot follow their child around the course; please abide by the rules. We have marshals on hand to assist the competitors .
7. If parents or guardians wish to take photos, you will have digitally signed the waiver online, so go to the Photo reg to have your name checked and collect a sticker to wear showing you have permission.
8. Timing chips. These must be put on the left ankle SECURELY to guarantee that the sensors pick them up. Make sure they are well attached with the provided straps or we cannot guarantee a time or finish position. They must be returned after your race at exit to transition. Any missing chips will be charged to the competitor at £10.
- Registration opens 8am – Tristarts to T3s must be registered by 9am. Youths & Juniors till 10am.
- Race briefing at 9am next to transition for Ts-T3s, at 10am for Youths & Juniors
- 9.15 Tristarts to start swim and briefing in pool for first wave of T2s
- The order will then be as follows; T2, T3, T1, Youth + Junior
- There will be approximately 30 minutes between each Age Group starting, but please remain close by and listed to announcements if your wave is next.
RACE ENTRY LISTS
Starting lists are now published; please check the links below and let us know if there are any errors (eg club or age group).
Non BTF Members will receive an email with an electronic day licence, which they are not required to bring. BTF members must bring their membership card, otherwise they will be required to purchase a day licence for £2.
There will be a catering van on site so you can buy some food and drinks, and portaloos close by. Access to the changing room is not permitted for parents and guardians.
Prizes will be announced and given out as we go along, courtesy of our sponsors Tribe Junior, and will be handing out medals to all competitors.
Enjoy the race
Hugo Woddis, Race Director Thames Turbo