We hope you are all fit and ready for action. A few important points for you:
1. Check the weather forecast. Be prepared for the race conditions.
2. Please read the RACE PACK so you know what is happening on the day; times, place etc. There is also a useful FAQ page. It will make life much easier for you if you know your way around.
3. Remember you can register on Sunday at Hampton Pool between 5-6pm. If you are local we strongly recommend this; the morning will be more relaxed and you can stroll straight into transition at 5.45am onwards, and help keep the queues down.
4. You need a race belt. We sell them at registration for £6. We will also be selling the Race medals for £4 if you didn’t order one online. If you did order one it will be in your registration envelope.
5. Race briefing is at 6.15am. Everyone must attend; it is for your own safety. The race will take place in number order.
6. BTF Rules. We abide by the BTF rules and competitors must as well. We have a BTF race referee on site; no calf guards are allowed, and please keep your racking space clear of boxes and large items not required for your race. Keep these items along the perimeter of transition out of the way of competitors.
RACE ENTRY LISTS
Starting lists are now published; please check the links below and let us know if there are any errors (eg club or age group). Your starting place is based on your predicted swim and race time primarily, so you are placed with other athletes of similar calibre. We cannot move people around except in exceptional circumstances. There are 3 different waves of varying ability, seeded according to different factors; to not be concerned if you think you should be starting later/earlier. If the times and info you gave are accurate then you are in the right place.
Non BTF Members will receive an email with an electronic day licence, which they are not required to bring.
We are trialing having a dead zone (where the time doesn’t count towards your race) at the traffic lights. This means regardless of if you zoom through the green light, or have to stop and start at a red light, it doesn’t affect your time. So there is nothing to be gained by jumping a red light! If you think it is turning red just stop, don’t take a chance, it doesn’t matter. No excuses for a DQ now. There are still marshals there observing so neither is it an opportunity to stop, have a drink and a stretch…. keep racing appropriately and fairly.
This may mean the live results, found at myraceresults.co.uk , may look a bit strange at first with extra splits, but the total time showing at the bottom will be correct
Message from the Royal Parks:
For all spectators and competitors, please read the “Tread Lightly Bushy Park” leaflet.
We have introduced a much improved medal this year, which matches up and connects with the Race1 medal if you want to do both. The artwork below gives you an idea. If you didn’t purchase one on registering you can still go back into your Active account and buy one, or buy them on the day at the registration desk.
As always we have a great collection of prizes from our Sponsors: Sigma Sport, Zone3, Swim for Tri, iRide and Profeet.
We will keep you updated on Facebook and Twitter (@ttracedirector) if races are filling etc, so please sign up to follow us.
Hugo Woddis, Race Director Thames Turbo