JUNIOR AQUATHLON 2019
We hope you are all fit and ready for action. A few important points for you:
1. Check the weather forecast. Be prepared for the race conditions.
2. Please read theRACE PACK so you know what is happening on the day; times, place etc. It will make life much easier for you if you know your way around. We have an APPROXIMATE schedule, posted below.
3. You need a race belt. We sell them at registration for £6. After registering, get body marked, put your timing chip on your left ankle securely, and proceed to transition to set up.
4. We have a general briefing at 11am for all age groups. Then each age group is called into the pool where they get another briefing, specifically regarding the swim. Listen out for the announcements. They will call out the age group and the number range (eg numbers 100-130) as we will be splitting the large age groups into two waves for the briefing in the pool. Please help us by being on time.
5. There is plenty of parking inside the school grounds, and marshals to help direct you. The registration is a short walk away round the back of the school
6. BTF Rules. We abide by the BTF rules and competitors must as well. We have a BTF race referee on site.
7. Parents and guardians are not allowed in transition and cannot go beyond the marked out zone and onto the course.They cannot follow their child around the course; please abide by the rules. We have marshals on hand to assist the competitors .
8. If parents or guardians wish to take photos, you need to complete the Photo permit waiver (found at the end of the race pack), so go to the Photo reg to submit the form and have your name checked and collect a wrist band to wear showing you have permission.
9. Timing chips. These must be put on the left ankle SECURELY, facing outwards, to guarantee that the sensors pick them up. Make sure they are well attached with the provided straps or we cannot guarantee a time or finish position. They must be returned after your race at exit to transition. Any missing chips will be charged to the competitor at £10.
10. IMPORTANT INFO FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO COMPETE IN THE LONDON JUNIOR RACE SERIES:
To be entered for the London Junior Race Series athletes must do three things:
2. The regional affiliation MUST be set to “London” and reflected in your Junior membership. This is NOT automatically based on club membership or which region you competed previously. The default region is associated with your postcode, which is not always the region you may expect. Please check to ensure it is set to London for inclusion in the London series.
3. You must enter the assigned BTF membership number when entering the event. If you’ve joined British Triathlon since you entered the event please send the event organiser your BTF membership number before the event and they should be able to update your details.
If you do not complete these three steps your result may well not be included in the London series standing re-created after each race.
To check your region, log on to your British Triathlon account. Then in the “my profile” click the “manage profile” button and in the address drop down you can see the “region” assigned to your membership. You can change your region to “London” here.
If you need help with your login, lost password etc, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be able to help or give them a call on 01509 226 153
NB. Please also note, results cannot be added retrospectively to the series standings. Only those results obtained after completing the three steps above will be included in the series standings.
RACE ENTRY LISTS
Starting lists are now published; please check the links below and let us know if there are any errors (eg club or age group).
ALPHABETICAL RACE LIST
NUMERICAL RACE LIST
Non BTF Members will receive an email with an electronic day licence, which they are not required to bring. BTF members must bring their membership card, or other proof of membership, otherwise they will be required to purchase a day licence for £2.
We invite you to support the event by purchasing raffle tickets, which will be available at registration and from some of the Turbo juniors. Prizes will consist of Sigma Sport vouchers (value £50), vouchers for a run analysis from TRY, Saddledrunk vouchers, and a month’s family membership at Nuffield Health.
There is a cafe on site in the school buildings so you can buy some food and drinks, and plenty of toilets close by. Access to the changing room is not permitted for parents and guardians, but children can access to change at any time.
Prizes will be announced and given out as we go along, as well as raffle prizes, and will be handing out medals to all competitors.
Enjoy the race
Hugo Woddis, Race Director Thames Turbo